Peter C. Kratcoski
Peter C. Kratcoski obtained his B.A. in Political Science from The Ohio State University in 1985 and his law degree from The Ohio State University College of Law in 1988. He was admitted to the Ohio Bar and has been practicing law at the law firm since 1988. Attorney Kratcoski’s practice primarily focuses on domestic relations law (divorce, dissolution, child custody and support), which includes post-decree matters, such as modifications of child custody, child support and spousal support. He also practices in the areas of commercial and residential real estate and landlord/tenant law, probate and estate planning and personal injury as well as civil litigation in all Courts.
Mr. Kratcoski has also been a member of the Portage County Bar Association since 1988 where he serves on its Grievance Committee, and as Chair of the Domestic Relations Committee and as a volunteer attorney on the Portage County Probate and Mediation Programs. He has also been a member of the Akron Bar Association since 1988.
Mr. Kratcoski is an active member of the Kent State University academic community and has served in the role as an adjunct professor at Kent State University since 1989 at campuses in Portage, Stark, Trumbull and Tuscarawas Counties where he has taught Principles and Practices of Litigation, Applied Legal Research & Writing, Ethics, Civil Litigation, Family Law, Probate and Estate, and Introduction to Paralegal Studies. Mr. Kratcoski has also served on the Kent State University Paralegal Studies Committee on ABA Certification.
Attorney Kratcoski has served as the legal advisor for the Kent State University Mock Court Team since 1998 and as legal advisor for the Archbishop Hoban High School Mock Court Team since 2010.
Read more about Pete’s involvement below:
- Kent State Team Competes at American Mock Trial Association Competition
- Kent State Mock Trial Team Competes at American Mock Trial Association Competitions
- Kent State University Mock Trial Team Competes at American Mock Trial Association Regional Competition
Attorney Kratcoski is also an active member of St. Patrick’s parish and school, where he serves on the Finance Committee. He is also a member at Silver Lake Country Club and a member of The Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks of the United States of America.
Areas of Practice
- Domestic Relations Law
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Civil Litigation
- Probate and Estate Planning
- Commercial and Residential Landlord/Tenant Law
- Real Estate Law
- Ohio, 1988
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, January 11, 1989
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, March 19, 2010
- The Ohio State University College of Law, Columbus, Ohio
- J.D. – 1988
- Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Bachelor of Arts – 1985
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Kent Free Library, Board of Trustees
- Kent State University, Adjunct Faculty
- Ohio State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Akron Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Archbishop Hoban High School – Mock Court Advisor, 2010 – Present
- Kent State University Mock Court Team, Legal Advisor, 1998 – Present
- St. Patrick’s Parish, Member
- Portage County Bar Association, Member
- Portage County Probate Court, Guardian Program
- Portage County Foreclosure Mediation Program, Volunteer Attorney
- Silver Lake Country Club
- Benevolent Order of Elks
Located in Kent, Ohio, we service area including but not limited to Akron, Streetsboro, Aurora, Kent, Ravenna, Stow, Brimfield, Hiram, Cuyahoga Falls, Fairlawn, Hudson, Macedonia, Mogadore, Northfield, Peninsula, Tallmadge, Twinsburg as well as Portage County and Summit County. Northeast Ohio Law Firm.